Pleased to finally have the time to send out our first update for 2023.
Firstly, we would like to thank all our friends and family that visited us over the Festive Season. For those of you that came, you would have seen how busy we were. Thank you for your support and patience; it was just amazing to welcome you all back to Taumeasina Island Resort again.
December 2022 and January 2023 were the busiest months we have had since we first opened our doors in July 2016, so a big fa’afetai tele lava for all your support.
In December and January, we were excited to host a dinner for the Toa Samoa team here at Taumeasina, and also lucky enough to have accommodated some of the team and their family. The Toa Samoa visit had Samoa buzzing, and we were lucky to be involved in making memories with these amazing athletes following their exemplary performance at the Rugby League World Cup.
Towards the end of January, we were lucky enough to host the five contestants vying for the title of Miss South Pacific 2023. Taumeasina Island Resort would like to congratulate the new Miss South Pacific, from Papua New Guinea, Miss Josie Nicholas; the competition was tough and all the girls worked very hard, but at the end of the day only one gets to be crowned. Congratulations.
I trust that everyone has settled back into their work, school and life routines, and with Easter just around the corner we hope you are starting to plan your next holiday with us at Taumeasina Island Resort.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Highlights of 2022
2022 was an incredible year with so many highlights. Here are just a few:
- Hosted New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and members of her cabinet.
- Hosted KJ Apa of Riverdale fame (and originally from our village of Moata'a).
- Welcomed the Governor-General of New Zealand for a short stay.
- Music artist Lisi visited and aided us with some promotional materials.
- Enjoyed the company of IBF World Champion Boxer Jai Opetaia and boxing champion Joe Parker.
- Our team visited Mapuifagalele Home and enjoyed a lunch with the residents.
- Celebrated Moata'a local Haylani Kuruppu winning the Miss Samoa pageant.
- Hosted the Governor of American Samoa.
- Celebrated a historical performance by Toa Samoa in the Rugby League World Cup.
- Welcomed University of Newcastle students in their studies of mangrove ecosystems.
- Hosted Air New Zealand's board meeting.
- Enjoyed the company of Asuelu Pulaa.
- Opened our brand new Taumeasina Cove Villas.
There was so much more on last year - the above is just a small selection!
Check out this awesome guest video on Instagram:
A big thanks to Vanu Studios and Dan Hobson for allowing us to use their video!
December's GM Update
Did you miss the last update from Tuiataga Nathan Bucknall? You can read it here.